Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Christmas Crack Fail

I had intended to do a festive Christmas look with some new crack I'd gotten from the Color Club display, but things didn't quite work out. The idea was fine: gold with dark red and dark green crackle on alternate nails. I chose Revlon Gold Coin for my base and applied two coats topped with OPI RapiDry to give the crackle a nice slick base to shatter on. Color Club Burgandy Blaze (yep, -gandy, not -gundy) and The Great Divide came next. The problem was that what looked dark green to me in the bottle (okay, teal-leaning, but still green enough) turned out to look blue on my nail. Last I checked, blue was not one of the top two Christmas colors.



As soon as I did my index finger I could see this was not going to be what I wanted, so I just played with the crack instead of doing a whole manicure. I used thin coats of crack on my index and middle fingers and thicker ones on my ring and pinky. You can see the differences in the patterns that result. I did add topcoat even though I didn't think I'd wear this out because crack needs topcoat to look its best.



Can you see why I thought The Great Divide would be green? Maybe it would be more green on a different base color, but I wanted gold for this look so didn't experiment.



If I hadn't had my heart set on green, I would have liked this just fine.



Here's Gold Coin on its own; looks like there's a fair bit of silver in there which means it gets along with my skintone better than most golds.



*****


The winners of the Season's Greetings Giveway have been chosen and notified by e-mail. I'll announce them all when I've heard from everybody.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar