Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"The River", Good Charlotte ft. A7X #blogmasday4


Back in my early 20's, I was quite into punk rock and indie music. I was always more into metal, but I listened to bands like Good Charlotte or Arctic Monkeys often. 

"The River" was always my favourite GC song, and now I know why!!
A couple of weeks ago, youtube recommended me this song's video and as I was going to click on it I saw the full title and literally freaked out. I never knew it was Matt who sang in this song. And Syn being on it as well explains why I loved the guitars on this song so much.
My favourite instrument has always been the drums, which explains why I love metal so much. But when it comes to A7X, I'm all about that guitar! As a matter of fact, Mr Gates has kind of ruined music for me, because now I hear other guitar solos and think: it's really good, but...it's not him!

My brain has always been able to separate the drums from the rest of the song, and now it's doing that when I listen to The River. Though now it separates Syn's guitar from the rest of the instruments and the vocals. I like music THAT much.

I also love how Joel and Matt's voices work together. I always wondered who the other guy singing was. One less mistery...

My only complaint is that we don't really get to see Syn on the video. I need (even) more Gates in my life!!

Ps: For copyright reasons, I can't make any gifs of this video, so I'm going to make a gif of super emo Syn from 2003. I like his 2003 look a bit too much.


Cuando era una joven veinteañera, me gustaba bastante el punk rock y la música indie. Siempre me gustó más el metal, pero escuchaba bastante a grupos como Good Charlotte o Arctic Monkeys.

"The River" fue siempre mi canción favorita de GC, y ahora entiendo el porque.
Hace unas semanas, youtube me recomendó el vídeo de la canción y cuando fui a verlo me di cuenta del título completo del vídeo y me volví loca. No sabía que era Matt el que cantaba en esta canción. Y que Syn sea parte de la música explica que siempre me gustase como sonaban las guitarras.
Mi instrumento favorito siempre ha sido la batería, lo cual explica mis gustos musicales. Pero cuando se trata de A7X, es la guitarra la que me vuelve loca. De hecho, el señor Gates me ha creado un pequeño trauma musical, porque ahora cuando oigo solos de guitarra pienso: es muy bueno pero...no es él.

Mi cerebro siempre ha sido capaz de separar la batería del resto de la canción, y ahora hace lo mismo cuando escucho The River. Pero en vez de separar la batería, separa la guitarra de Syn del resto de instrumentos y de las voces. Me gusta la música mucho, si.

También me encanta como funcionan las voces de Joel y Matt juntas. Y siempre me pregunté que quien era el que cantaba en esta canción. Otro misterio menos...

De hecho, mi única queja es lo poco que vemos a Syn en el vídeo. ¡Necesito (aún) más Gates en mi vida!

Pd: Por motivos de derechos de autor, no puedo hacer gif de este vídeo. Así que os dejo un gif de emo Syn, versión 2003. Me gusta su versión 2003 demasiado.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar