Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Khloe Kardashian Admits She Got Less Endorsement Deals than Her Sisters Because She Was ‘Heavier

The Kardashian-Jenners are some of the most sought-after influencers for lucrative and high-profile Instagram sponsorships. But, for a time, Khloe Kardashian was left out of that pack. In a new essay for Glamour, the 33-year-old reality star opened up about her body insecurities and how she saw significantly less endorsement deals than her sisters, Kim and Kourtney, because she was “heavier.”

In the essay, which looks back at Khloe’s 10-year journey on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” the youngest Kardashian sister admits that she didn’t see the impact of reality TV fame until the “fourth or fifth season.” This is largely because she was frequently passed over for Instagram sponsorships and endorsement deals due to not being as thin as her sisters.

“The truth is that I was heavier then too, so not a lot of endorsements were coming my way,” Khloe wrote. “Brands would prefer to align themselves with Kim or Kourtney, which I was totally fine with because I was still along for the ride. But it’s also a very sad thing to realize that most brands are interested only in pretty, cute, in-shape girls.”

MORE: Khloe Kardashian Uses a Vibrator During Her Workout Routine

Instagram PhotoSource: Instagram

The experience led Khloe to partner with not-so-desirable brands, such as tampon companies, so that she could fit in with her sisters. She admitted that the experience eventually seeped into her self-worth and was something she didn’t see an issue with until recently, when she grew older and became more comfortable with her skin.

“There were things I did back then that made me think, ‘Why am I doing this?’ I once did a deal with a tampon company, and I was like, ‘Why am I so thirsty?'” she wrote. “But I was young, and you feel pressure; you see your sisters getting deals and you’re like, ‘Should I be doing something? Is a pad commercial all I can get? Well, OK then.’ The older you get, and the more comfortable you become in your skin, the more you begin to think about what makes sense for you. ”

MORE: Khloe Kardashian Just Dyed Her Hair Bronde for the Last Days of Summer

Instagram PhotoSource: Instagram

However, judging from Khloe’s story, it seems like body-shaming in the Instagram-sponsorship world hasn’t changed. She admitted that it wasn’t until she began exercising more and changing her body did endorsement deals start ramping up.

“When I started getting in shape and when I first got married, a different amount of attention came my way,” she wrote. “Because I had already seen my sisters go through it, I was able to be pickier about my opportunities.”



from StyleCaster

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar